CSI Ingenieros was hired to develop the detail engineering for the construction of 6,70 Km of Route 6. A new single road layout was designed for this route in order to solve submersible problems, improve geometry and maintain heavy traffic away from the city. Two new bridges were projected (270 m long Arroyo Illescas and one over Yí River and Agua Sucia Creek which was 740 m long), as well as two roundabouts (one at the north of the city connecting Routes 14 and 6, and another one with two overpasses over the railway, at the south of the city Sarandí del Yí, thus connecting Route 6 and 14)
The project implied carrying out the detailed engineering of the non-submersible access to the city of Sarandí del Yí, a new route for route 6 and a proposal for constructing two new bridges and two rotating junctions.The tasks included:
- Layout alternatives study.
- Traffic studies.
- Topographical studies.
- Soil studies for the roads and structures´ project.
- Hydrological and hydraulic studies including hydraulic modelling.
- Geometrical design.
- Design of two raised interchangers, one on the railroad.
- Drainage project.
- Design of pavements.
- Evaluation of conditions for structures.
- Design of horizontal and vertical signaling and defenses.
- Study and project of the detours during the work stage.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Elaboration of footage and referential budget.
- Particular Technical Specifications for the execution of works.
- Project´s Tridimensional Model.