CSI Ingenieros was hired to carry out the implementation of management and maintenance contracts for 1,500 Km of paved road network in Paraguay. The general purposes of the project basically aimed at the following aspects:
- Preparation of management and maintenance contracts by level of service for 1,500 km of the paved road network of Paraguay.
- Assistance to the Ministry of Public Works and Communications of Paraguay (MOPC, for its acronym in Spanish) in the process of contracting enterprises
for the execution of the contracts.
- Carrying out specific technical studies for the segments to be covered:
- Infrastructure survey (pavement failures, roughness, horizontal and vertical signaling, drainage, bridges and barriers) and traffic studies in 1,500 km of the paved road network.
- Elaboration of a GIS, including the information gathered.
- Classification of segments in contracts, definition of levels of service of maintenance, works to be done and budgets.
- Cost estimate for each contract.
- Economic evaluation of the project with HDM-4 model.
- Preparation of documentation for the call for bids and assistance during the process:
- Definition of the terms and conditions.
- Assistance during the period of the call for bids.
- Evaluation of proposals.